What a beautiful night for Ottawa Sports especially the good ol’ game of softball. The softball diamonds at the RA Centre were freshly groomed and there was a warm summer breeze coming off the Ottawa Rideau River.
Player of the Game: Denis with lots of catches at rover.
Lessons learned: Everyone has bad days, even softball players
Ottawa Softball Game 1:
- Pro Eric batting in the park home run, stand up triple, couple of other on base hits.. just lovely all around. You’re cute and our captain
- Something about dressing up, I think (I can only read TBIL, Sarah, Eric, and something that might say Allison for makeup.)
- High (apparently the above does not count as highs…)
- Jith and Eric found out that thy were at the same game last year (Toronto vs KC in Sept 2013) (also Jith mentioned we saw 4 golden glove winners in that game.)
- Sarah fouled and hit Bruce in the shoulder, but we love you Bruce, thanks for the website.
- TBIL’s diving throw to first
- strong start to the game, wish all games start strong
- Eric made double plays, I am shocked that wikipedia explains that in so little words
- Jim hurting his elbow
Player of the Game: Tiffy
It isn’t Ottawa Sports without an in the park homerun while her nursing bra unclipped and hat fell off.. freaken trooper still came in, I know I am bias cause I am a new Mom.. but come on that is both player of the game and play of the game worthy!
- Baillie played with bad knee (Jith had this in game 1 but it wasn’t too bad until part way through 2)
- Tiffy in the park home run
- **Eric being considerate and something for Jim who had a bad elbow.
- Alex had a few great catches/grabs at first
|Shirley||Shirley (sick)||Bree – Can’t spare|
|Eric||Danielle – Can’t spare|