|July 11, 2019||9:00 am||Events||2020|
All proceeds support the Pembroke Kidney Walk and The Kidney Foundation of Canada. This is a slo pitch softball tournament that Suds, Buds & Windmills will be attending. It’s not located far from Ottawa but we will get cottages and make a weekend out of it.
2019 Don Sutherland Memorial Slo-Pitch Tournament – Rules
SPN rules are being followed with the following exceptions
- One home run per inning – following home runs are out and dead ball
- Maximum five runs per inning
- Minimum of 4 girls on the field at all times
- Batting order – you can not bat more than 2 boys in a row – watch your start and end of your line up
- No tie games, last inning will be unlimited if necessary
- If a guy is walked and is followed by a girl, he is awarded second base and the following girl has the option to take first base or bat
- Points awarded for games won.
- Advancement to finals will be based on points, with tie breakers going to the +/- ratio
- If still tied names drawn from a hat – remember home team does not bat if winning at the bottom of their last inning – this can affect your +/- ratio.
- Home team determined by coin toss – your choice
- Lineups to ready 10 minutes before game time
- Arrive at your game 20 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Home team does not bat in last inning if winning – can affect runs for and runs against
- Once you cross the commitment line you must go home
- Do not touch home plate when running home.
- We donated to this slo pitch softball tournament. Please visit our Community Outreach page to see details.
- We leave Ottawa as a team.
They are also doing a raffle of liquor to fund raise so if you have any bottles of alcohol you would like to donate to help them out please bring with you!
- Friday dinner:
- Saturday lunch:
- Lunch dessert:
- Saturday Morning breakfast:
- Sunday Morning breakfast:
- Thursday Snack: 4 people*
- Thursday Dinner: 4 people*
- Friday Brunch: 4 people*
Menu when full team arrives
- Friday Dinner: 14+ people*
- Saturday Breakky: 14+ people*
- Saturday Lunch: 14+ people*
- Saturday Dinner: 14+ people -No meat meal
- Sunday Breakky: 14+ people *
- Sunday Lunch: 14+ people *Left overs esp veggie trays and day at beach
* hot dogs available at any time if hungry*
Our softball team will be renting cabins as this is just outside Ottawa.
419 River Drive, Petawawa ON K8A 6W7
What to pack
- All of your ball gear, SBW jersey, hat, sweater, sweats and WATER BOTTLE
- Toiletries & personal items
- Bathing suit & Towel
- Sunscreen & Bug spray
- Two changes of clothing and something to sleep in
Team Packing (don’t bring)
- All of the food, items to consume said food and coolers
- 2 folding tables
- Team bats
- Pam Vanderson Leaves Thursday with gear but we will all return for games Friday
Softball fee : estimated 25$ PP
Cabin fee: estimated 80$ PP either cabin
Food fee: details to come
Gas fee: 10$ PP
IF Extra money will go towards firewood & Receipts will be stuck to fridge of red cabin